KISSING EYES MAGAZINE

KISSING EYES MAGAZINE.Photography.Art.Music

Shane Lynam





























































Where are you from/based now?

I'm currently based in Dublin, Ireland.

What is your background in Photography? What keeps you interested?

I got involved in photography because of its potential to express ideas or
points of views. I studied photography to learn how to work these ideas
through and express them in an original way.

The idea of making better work and improving keeps me interested. The
thought that my best shot could be in the next roll of film keeps me going.
I have no idea how long the interest will last so I'm shooting as much as I
can while it does.

What equipment do you use?

I use a Fujifilm GA 645 for most of my artwork.

Do you take one shot of a subject then move on or will you take several and
decide on the best in editing?

I take one shot per subject unless I have a strong feeling about how good the shot is. Then I'll take a few, varying the angle or the distance.

How often do you go out shooting?

I try to shoot as much as possible. Along with looking at interesting work,
I believe that it's the only way to get better. I try to get out at least
two days a week.

If you could spend a day shooting with another photographer, who would it
be?

I'd probably shoot with someone whose work is very different to my own, in order to learn more about their process and approach. Stephen Gill would be a good example.
Is there a particular photographer, site, set of images or a photo book that
you keep coming back to for inspiration?

I recently came across Jan Rosseel's Belgian Autumn; a confabulated
history.It approaches a historic event (a dark episode in Belgian history -
the 1985 wave of supermarket robberies that claimed 28 lives) in an
interesting and original way. It also mixes in a biographical element as the
photographer's Father was one of the victims. Otherwise, I often coming back
to Pierre Wayser's Flickr stream. He's a great all round photographer. The
fact that photography is only an element of the various art forms he
practices and the lack of self promotion/website adds to the mystic.

Are you working on a project at the moment?

I'm working on a new body of work here in Dublin. I'm trying to deconstruct
some of the habits or styles that I have adopted for previous work. It will
be finished in the summer of 2014. I've also almost finished a project
called Fifty High Seasons, which I started around the same time as Contours,
while living in France. I regularly upload new work to my Tumblr.

Web
Flickr
Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment